This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Controls Engineer is responsible for the controls design, development, programming, and implementation of large-scale automation projects – typically for new custom automated manufacturing equipment. This position will require working with both existing and new manufacturing technologies and relies on the Controls Engineer to provide a robust interface for the end user. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing or seeking technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Controls Engineer is self-motivated and a natural problem solver who can react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, manage several tasks concurrently and has great attention for detail.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output.
- Continuously expand and development on their professional talents, skills, and knowledge.
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and deploy automation controls and electrical controls hardware and software.
- Work as part of an execution team and assume complete responsibility of system updates or new system control functions from start to finish of the project.
- Function effectively in a team environment, hold process reviews, training sessions as needed, and support quoting efforts as required.
- Write code to control automated equipment. Architect, develop, test, and deploy a reusable, modular software solution that involves using a structured software development process with version management.
- Integrate VFD and Servo motor controls to manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to train and communicate automated machine functionality to end users.
- Integrate and control vision, laser, RFID, safety, I/O, testing systems through automated controls.
- Support field installation, startup, and debug of systems at Husco and customer sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight deadlines.
- Capability to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field or equivalent work experience required.
- Programming experience with automated manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics.
- Must have good electrical wiring and debugging experience.
- Vision integration experience preferred.
- Allen Bradley HMI and PLC programming experience is desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 5%.
- Understanding of OSHA and NFPA safety standards and electrical codes required for custom automated assembly and test equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Able to handle interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Authorized to work in the United States and have a valid driver’s license.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.