This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Wiring & Controls Technicians work closely with our Husco Advanced Manufacturing team to support innovative new machine assembly designs and installation. A successful Technician has a strong technical and mechanical background, can rapidly learn new concepts/techniques, and is a strong team player. This individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed customer expectations. The employee can operate independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and can switch gears quickly to build subassemblies and execute diagnostic de-bug as needed.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output.
- Continuously expand and development their professional, talents, skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Wiring of automation panels and equipment with the ability to read and understand wiring schematics, and wire electrical panels, sensors, and automation devices throughout equipment.
- Must have attention to detail and integrity of workmanship for professional appearance of final product.
- Perform validation tasks on automation equipment to confirm controls systems integrity, I/O verification, and device calibration under direction from Controls Engineers.
- Perform point-to-point continuity tests on wiring work where applicable.
- Take a hands-on problem-solving approach for assembly and test obstacles.
- Provide feedback on installations, routing, timing and general design feedback for continued improvement and efficiency.
- Support in the mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic automation equipment build, installation and validation.
- Redline electrical prints as errors or changes occur. Clearly and concisely documenting the prints is critical for continued success and improvement.
- Team player and ability to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and results driven atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- 2 years experience in panel wiring, electrical technician work, or equivalent work experience required. Associate or technical degree is preferred.
- Experience with schematics, controls system wiring, and panel building. Experience with manufacturing / automation equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of common electrical symbols and the component functions within the system circuit.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical manufacturing equipment; can follow step-by-step instructions and can organize workload.
- Exhibits attention to detail and is good at documenting work performed.
- Ability to obtain a certificate in forklift training ability to meet the physical requirements.
- Able to interact well with all departments and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to self-start, can work independently and desires growth.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.