Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Financial Accountants play a significant role in the day to day running of the finance department. A successful Financial Accountant is analytical, a good problem-solver, self-motivated, and organized.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Financial Forecasting/Planning. Be an integral part of the financial forecasting processes. Work with all stakeholders to produce accurate and reliable financial forecasts/plans.
- Financial Modelling. Prepare financial cost models to aid decision making
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts. Prepare and analyze the monthly management accounts. Prepare journal entries and assist with month end close. Include explanations behind variances to plan or forecast.
- Assist with Audit and Tax Work. Assist with the annual audit and tax process, including preparing audit working papers for accounts responsible for throughout the year and working with department heads and sister companies for tax information.
- Ensure Accuracy and Integrity of Cost Sets. Make decisions ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the standard and current cost sets within established guidelines and initiate the recalculation of item costs as required. Assist with process of performing the annual cost roll.
- Fixed Asset Maintenance. Responsible for all asset tracking. Liaise with project stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure CEA expenditure is closely monitored and closed in a timely manner.
- Manufacturing Reports. Prepare, analyze, and distribute weekly manufacturing key indicator reports and monthly manufacturing department expense and cost per hour statements. Investigate significant manufacturing variances, correcting any errors and communicating any issues accordingly.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- ACCA preferred or equivalent accountancy qualification required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent level of experience preferred.
- Some prior accounting experience in a manufacturing environment including knowledge of product costing systems and manufacturing performance measurement is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, ERP systems, and report writing software preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a solid understanding of accounting principles and cost accounting methods.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while completing assigned workload on a timely basis.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
To apply for this job please visit husco.livevacancies.co.uk.