This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Lab Technicians work closely with Husco engineers to support new product development within our Off-Highway division. The primary focus is preparing and executing tests on hydraulic products and components within our performance, durability, and vehicle test labs. Additional responsibilities can vary, and range from lab equipment repair and maintenance, construction of wiring harnesses, production test support, test equipment fabrication, and a variety of other tasks.
This hands-on position affords creative freedom, flexibility, and will be a great fit for a person who enjoys working with their hands. A successful candidate can function independently, takes pride in their work, is committed to lifelong learning, and thrives in a fast-paced and often-changing work environment.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output.
- Continuously expand and development their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world.
- Build & Test Design Prototypes: Lab Technicians work closely with engineers to assemble, plumb, and debug prototype test assemblies and components.
- Troubleshoot & Diagnose Assembly & Test Failures: Take a hands-on, problem-solving approach for prototype assembly and test complications. This requires critical thinking, strong knowledge of testing techniques, and ability to determine root cause of failure.
- Understanding of Hydraulic and Basic Electrical Principles: A successful Lab Technician has a solid understanding of hydraulic principles and components. They will have the ability to perform the basic calculations required to successfully perform requested tests. They will also be able to read and analyze a hydraulic circuit schematic.
- Data Collection, Analysis of Performance, and Presentation of Data: Able to operate our test cells and is familiar with data-acquisition software operation. Should also be able to recognize any flaws or anomalies in a data set in real time.
- Customer Machine Evaluations: Lab technicians can operate and interact with a wide range of Off-Highway equipment. A lab technician will install data-acquisition instrumentation on the machine and perform operational tests. They also install prototype hydraulic systems on machines. Welding and fabrication activities are common.
- Design & Build Test Fixtures: Design and build special test fixtures and processes to meet engineering needs and specifications. This requires mechanical aptitude, fabrication skills, electrical knowledge, and a firm grasp of hydraulic principles.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent related military training is a plus, but not required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a machine shop/diagnostic testing/repair required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Problem solving ability and intellectual curiosity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Good oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.