Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization.
The Manufacturing Process Engineering Manager is responsible for project leadership of new product lines, development of new manufacturing technology in support of new product lines or major improvements in existing product lines in support of Husco strategic objectives. Actively supports and/or implements continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (e.g. lean enterprise, six sigma), training and development of training materials.
The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Manufacturing Process Engineering Manager is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to lead and develop strong technical teams, react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Leads New Product Implementation. Create and develop manufacturing system concepts to fulfill business needs. Work with design engineers and production to quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, assembly stations, work cells, test stations, material handling equipment, and packaging for new products/new processes. Supports the new product development process through PFMEA, DFM, and CAPP activities to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Document procedures, processes, and best practices to support the new equipment. Preparation of both strategic and financial analysis for capital expenditures and large scale projects.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Manage responsibilities and direction of direct reports consisting of Engineers and Engineering Technicians from conceptual prototype to production release. Manage indirect reports as needed to accomplish program goals. Direct Engineering team to ensure timely and successful completion of projects and new product introductions in accordance with above responsibilities. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside the company. Assemble talented teams. Broadly share both responsibility and accountability with subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform the duties assigned. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counselling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Develop and Implement New Manufacturing Processes. Conceives, develops and successfully implements new manufacturing processes and technology in support of strategic objectives.
- Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency. Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfill business needs. Work with production employees to continually improve production operations, system maintenance and design concepts through coaching, equipment design/modification/selection, training, and participation in PPI activities. Communicate and assist the manufacturing aspects of the current production operations. Assign and/or perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency.
- Upgrade Material and Equipment. Work with advanced engineering and equipment suppliers to determine designs and configurations for new equipment and upgrades in conformance with company specifications and quality standards. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes. Monitor and control all phases of new equipment construction from design approval though implementation on factory floor and control equipment costs during this process.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise. Demonstrate technical expertise in project management including but not limited to; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, “selling” of new and innovative concepts. Technical resource for specific manufacturing methods and/or philosophies. Contribute significant technical support for large scale projects and existing manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Design and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for manufacturing, equipment is designed in accordance with the designs presented and the equipment will work with the equipment we currently have. Work with peers and other support personnel with specifics to training on production equipment, problem solving, and preventive maintenance.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical for the company. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
- BEng in Manufacturing or related Engineering required.
- Significant experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
- Experience leading and developing technical teams.
- Mastery of philosophy and techniques of several of the following: cellular manufacturing, self-directed work teams, problem solving, 5S, pull systems, mistake proofing, SMED, Kaizen, change management, ergonomics, TQM, learning organizations.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Mastery of electrical, electronic and mechanical machining equipment, and is able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, capable of setting up and monitoring preventive maintenance systems. Also capable of troubleshooting and performing repairs to equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
To apply for this job please visit husco.livevacancies.co.uk.