Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. A Purchasing Expeditor tracks all parts and service production schedules, tracks inventory accuracy and capacity, coordinates parts and service shipments and will interface with Machine Shop and Production Supervisors, Quality Assurance, Tactical Sales, Materials, Manufacturing Engineering, and Design Engineering. A successful Purchasing Expeditor is a strong team-player, a good problem-solver and self-motivated.
- Supply Chain. Ensure that production areas have material availability at all times. Support the management of vendor accounts & relationships from a transactional level. Assist or participate in quoting exercises for NPI. Analyse delivery performance data & devise improvement plans to achieve company goals with suppliers where required. Create and track purchase orders.
- Cost Reduction. Seek ways to reduce freight costs, packaging costs, inventory holding costs & internal materials handling costs.
- Materials Analysis. Participate in new inventory projects. Analysis of material flow and volume. Analysis of materials data. Suggest improvements to scheduling & materials information flows. Assist in achieving company inventory reduction targets via the use of SCS and other tools.
- Prioritize Daily Activities. Able to work in a fast paced environment with limited resources and a sense of urgency. Effectively prioritise and complete supply chain activities – processing shipments, scheduling, shipping, logistics, customer service.
- Communicate Effectively. Effectively communicate any customer related issues to relevant stakeholders. Issues could be component problems, missed shipments, or schedule changes. Interact with internal customers regarding shipments, schedule changes, shortages, or other topics to develop and maintain a good working relationship.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution, and the ability to work in an organised manner.
- Relevant education (Maths, English and ICT to high school level) essential
- Prior manufacturing / factory experience involving materials, purchasing, planning or production preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas and suppliers.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organisational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Working knowledge of MRP/MPS/ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
To apply for this job please visit husco.livevacancies.co.uk.