Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Systems Administrator is responsible for connecting business needs to a global systems infrastructure including storage, windows file systems, active directory, virtual servers, application servers, cloud, and others across a hybrid of on-premises and cloud data centers. This position is accountable for the configuration, maintenance, enhancement, and ongoing health of systems infrastructure and leads Level 2 systems service desk support. The Systems Administrator position requires a professional committed to continuous personal development, comfortable as an individual contributor and can work as part of an international IS team to address routine support requests, unplanned break/fix issues, and larger project-based initiatives. Successful individuals will have a sense of urgency, be self-motivated, customer focused, comfortable working with stakeholders across all levels of the organization, is organized and detail oriented.
Husco is committed to building a diverse environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Perform ongoing systems support and administration tasks (ex: user/group, security permissions, group policies, application services); research event-log warnings and errors.
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Analyze, isolate, and address issues causing systems efficiencies and present opportunities for improvement to IT leadership.
- Support scalable, secure, high-performing system solutions with a “cloud only” enterprise mindset.
- Identify and manage cost optimization opportunities, regularly driving down the cost of commodity IT and always maintaining a value for cost mindset.
- Monitor system health using existing management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience with network attached storage (NAS) systems, Backup systems, Virtualization (VMware), Windows systems including Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS
- Familiarity and comfort with cloud-based solutions – specifically Azure and Office 365
- PowerShell experience, Nutanix experience, and SQL experience are all a plus.
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make challenging decisions in a timely fashion across highly complex and multidimensional opportunities.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary (up to 10%)
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.