Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organisation. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that each area achieves the daily output targets whilst maintaining the safety, quality and procedural expectations of the company.
This is a multi-function, hands-on, team leader role within the manufacturing facility or auxiliary departments. This role would see the team leader spend around 80% of their time completing tasks alongside their team, such as, assembling, testing, receiving goods in, dispatching goods, honing, reworking or picking for production amongst other tasks. Specific tasks and responsibilities will depend on the area the team leader is deployed to. The other 20% would be used to lead and coordinate the activities of the team.
- Direct work. Performs direct tasks relevant to the area the team leader is deployed to. Supervisors and Managers to ensure these requirements are clear and communicated effectively.
- Materials – handles incoming material in line with standard operating procedures. May be unloading, receiving, putting-away, counting, kitting and delivering of product to production cells. Involved in root-cause analysis analysis to ensure inventory accuracy. Performs work accurately and takes responsibility for housekeeping of area whilst working.
- Final Operations – May assemble, test, hone and re-work product in line with standard operating procedures. Ensures quality of the product being produced, producing work that is free from errors. Takes responsibility for housekeeping of area whilst working.
- Paint & Ship – May be loading product onto the paint line, preparing product for paint, painting of valves and packing and despatching product in lin with standard operating procedures. Performs work accurately, ensuring the quality of finished product. Takes responsibility for housekeeping of area whilst working.
- Leadership. Directs and coordinates area activity to meet performance objectives related to safety, quality, delivery and productivity. Reports any issues promptly to management and logs maintenance requests, Chirp-Ups and IS Helpdesk requests as required. Reviews manning within areas of responsibility, flagging risks to Supervisors and working with Supervisors to identify solutions. Co-ordinates activities within the area to ensure that equipment and labour is utilized to its full potential. Provides coaching and guidance to operators which aligns with the corporate objectives and strategies. Demonstrates core cultural competencies to other employees and improves operational performance / abilities of subordinates through training and coaching. Ensures actions are aligned to HUSCO’s core values and cultural expectations. Co-ordinates training activities, ensuring that training documents are updated and provided to the QA team.
- Problem Solving. Co-ordinates root-cause analysis, CCAR and red-tag activity. Communicates effectively with cross functional teams such as QA & Process Engineering, Design Engineering, Maintenance and Sales and Operations Planning – working with teams to identify solutions to operational issues. Communicates issues promptly and participates in identifying solutions to issues affecting production and quality. Leads retraining following internal / external quality spills
- Champion for Safety and the Environment. Proactively drive improved safety and environmental working practices with the intent of eliminating recordable and / or lost time injuries. Promptly reports hazards, leads the implementation of containment actions and actively participates in identifying corrective actions. Responsible for excellent housekeeping standards and the handling / disposal of scrap and other waste streams.
- Provide Exemplary Internal / External Customer Service & Communication. Work closely with internal product and manufacturing engineering to execute requests, respond to questions and build collaboration across teams as necessary. Communicates all shift issues to relevant Area Manager /Supervisor and Manufacturing Process Engineers, submits maintenance requests, employee absences and shift and employee performance issues. Closes communication loops by seeking and providing constructive feedback for both operators and cross-functional teams. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both vertically and cross functionally. Promptly and effectively communicates issues, whilst offering ideas and solutions to problems and ideas for improving the operational performance of the area. Ensures that there is an effective shift handover to all interested parties.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution. Provides cover for employee absence where required.
- Significant experience within a manufacturing environment essential
- NVQ in Business Improvement Techniques or similar Engineering / Manufacturing discipline preferred
- Computer literacy essential, with experience of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
**Please note that there are 10 opportunities available as follows:
- Final Ops – 4 opportunities – day shift
- Final Ops – 1 opportunity – 3 shift rotation
- Warehouse & Materials – 3 opportunities – 3 shift rotation
- Paint & Ship – 2 opportunities – 3 shift rotation
To apply for this job please visit husco.livevacancies.co.uk.