This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Controls Design Engineer is responsible for the electrical design and drafting of large-scale automation projects – typically for new custom automated manufacturing equipment, the development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of this new equipment or major improvements to existing automated equipment. This position is responsible for design, implementation and standardization across all projects. The key to success in this position is applying electrical knowledge and drafting skills to successfully design complete custom electrical systems. A successful Controls Design Engineer is self-motivated and a natural problem solver who can react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, manage several tasks concurrently and has great attention for detail.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Design and draft electrical systems for custom automation equipment using AutoCAD Electrical drafting software.
- Effectively incorporate components such as lasers, safety circuits, robots, PLC’s, conveyors, VFD’s, Motors, relays, vision systems, RFID’s and much more into the automated equipment.
- Design electrical cabinets and backplanes for equipment, and participate in purchasing, build, quoting and troubleshooting of the system.
- Review equipment design, components and schematics with the mechanical, installation and controls teams. Troubleshoot the electrical systems as needed.
- Design and draft cable routing diagrams, connector diagrams and component layouts.
- Write equipment build plans, complete BOM’s, release electrical schematics and provide program documentation.
- Ensure all safety, government and Husco requirements and regulations are met in the controls system design.
- Support, assist and oversee electrical builds and installation of equipment at all Husco sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight deadlines. Self-motivated individual who seeks answers and information.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Function effectively in a team environment, hold design reviews, training sessions as needed, develop electrical design standards and support quoting efforts as required.
- Programming experience a plus – PLC, Vision, Laser, Labview, Robot and HMI software’s.
- Electrical wiring and panel building a plus – design and develop proper wire routing and ability to assist in proper build techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Electrical schematic drafting is required. (AutoCAD Electrical required)
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics.
- Must have good electrical wiring and debugging experience.
- Ability to travel up to 5% and meet the physical requirements needed.
- Understanding of OSHA and NFPA safety standards and electrical codes required for custom automated assembly and test equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Able to handle interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Authorized to work in the United States and have a valid driver’s license.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.