This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Sr. Controls Engineers work with design, development, programming, and implementation of large-scale automation projects. These projects are primarily for new custom automated manufacturing equipment. This position requires working knowledge of existing and new manufacturing technologies. Success in this role requires electrical troubleshooting, programming, innovation, and development of turn-key automated solutions. This individual is self-motivated and a natural problem solver who can deliver high functioning, fully automated equipment by deployment and project leadership.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output.
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge.
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world.
- Deploy controls designs and programming for complete automated systems.
- Develop, design, and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- PLC, HMI, Vision, Robot, RFID, IO Link, communications, force monitoring, leak testing, electrical testing are a few, but not limited to, programming languages or devices to be deployed in the automation.
- Lead and take on responsibility of system updates and control functions from project start to finish. Ability to integrate new technologies.
- Function effectively in a team environment, develop and teach other controls engineers, and support quoting efforts as required.
- Architect, develop, test, and deploy a reusable, modular programming solutions that utilize a structured standard.
- Work with Labview integration to machine PLC, Labview programming ability a plus.
- Train and communicate automated machine functionality to end users.
- Support field installation, startup, and debug of systems at Husco and customer sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight deadlines.
- Capability to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field and minimum 7 years of experience.
- Proficient in programming, development, and deployment of automated manufacturing controls.
- Ability to modify and troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics.
- Capability to diagnose electrical issues and complex programming issues.
- Vision and robot integration and programming experience.
- Allen Bradley HMI and PLC programming experience.
- Experience with OSHA and NFPA safety standards and electrical codes required for custom automated assembly and test equipment.
- Lead project deployment and assist with development and growth of team.
- Able to handle interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and fluent with Excel.
- Labview programming experience a plus.
- Authorized to work in the United States and have a valid driver’s license.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.